Glorious Heritage Class
The Glorious Heritage class Heavy Cruiser is the bright star of the High Guard fleet. As the most visible symbol of the reach and power of the Commonwealth, command of these vessels is reserved for the best and the brightest. Capable of high-endurance, independent operations, the Heavy Cruiser nonetheless operates most often as the central component of an HCBG. They are ideally suited for interplanetary combat, although they can play a significant role in planetary strike operations and logistics support for the HCBG as a whole. In addition, XMCs are often called upon to perform disaster relief and refugee support operations due to their spacious interiors and ability to ferry large quantities of emergency supplies and additional personnel. During peacetime, XMCs are most often tasked with independent intergalactic exploration, charting and documenting the star systems of the Local Cluster. They are also the preferred platform for first contact missions, given their formidable combat capabilities and their ability to operate without a battlegroup - often critical to assuring potential Commonwealth members that the High Guard comes in peace.
A typical ship of the Glorious Heritage class was the Pax Magellanic.
- Length: 1301m
- Beam: 976m
- Height: 325m
- Inertial Mass: 96,408,876 kg
- Max Speed: Classified
- 1 AI command and control entity
- Ship's Complement: 4132
- Officer/Enlisted: 1/11
The maintenance droids don't count to the crew.
- PAS-37Q System Search Sensor (Phased Array)
- HSS-114D Hyper-Spectral Scanner (EO)
- AIS-117M Advanced Imaging Sensor (Synthetic Aperture/Moving Target Indicator)
- AIS-117I Advanced Imaging Sensor (Inverse Synthetic Aperture)
- ES/A-9R Electronic Support and Attack Measure Suite
- 40 ELS missile tubes
- 12 50MW PDL turrets
- 12 AP cannons
- 36 RF-42 Centaur tactical fighters
- 76 RA-26 Shrike strike fighters
- 12 AF/A-29 Phoenix atmospheric attack craft
- 16 ES-115 Oracle heavy sensor/attack drones
- 8 ES-14 Janus light sensor/attack drones
- 6 Radiating Counter Measure generators
- 2 heavy combat robots for planetary assault
- OM-5 standard offensive kinetic kill missiles
- DM-5 standard defensive kinetic kill missiles
- PM-6 Star Arrow smart anti-ship missiles
- PM-6L Strategic Star Arrow smart anti-ship missiles (extended range variant)
- PM-6LII Strategic Star Arrow multiple independent kill vehicle (MIKV) variant
- SAPM-6III Strike Arrow surface attack variant
- Nova Bombs (default repository strengh: 40 EA)
Glorious Heritage Cruisers are endued with the possibility to gather via Nanobots new munitions from recycled raw materials (e.g. part of wrecks).
Ships of the Glorious Heritage Class
The old High Guard built 10 Glorious Heritage Cruiser:
The new Systems Commonwealth continued to build this line of cruisers.