Orca Pride was a small Nietzschean pride numbering in the thousands and primarily operated as pirates. They had been in conflict with the Than Hegemony for over two hundred years, surviving because they possessed a very powerful plasma cannon could move their asteroid home from system to system using it. The Orca's fortunes fell when they encountered the High Guard warship Andromeda Ascendant. They originally believed that Tyr Anasazi was willing to help them seize the ship, as he had even married Freya, an Orca. However, Captain Hunt outmaneuvered all of them and threatened to destroy the ship rather than hand it over. The Orcas fled before the Than fleet could come to destroy them.
Several years later, the Orca would become threatened by the Knights of Genetic Purity and Freya would call to Tyr for help. When Tyr arrived and killed Dimitri, the brother of the former Orca leader, he was informed that Tamerlane, his son, was potentially the genetic reincarnation of Drago Museveni, the Progenitor. Tyr realizes that the reason for the Genite reappearance was because the Orca had transmitted his genetic profile. Tyr later uses the Orcas as cover for his own escape, revealing his location by breaking comm silence. The Genites then attack the Orca colony, slaughtering all of them. Tyr manages to escape with his son and the Orca matriarch, leaving the two as the only survivors. His wife fell when the Genites landed troops on the Orca colony.
Members of the pride
- Guderian (former Alpha of the Orca)
- Freya (married with Tyr Anasazi)
- Dimitri (brother of Guderian and successor after his death)
- Olma (matriarch of the Orca)
- Tamerlane Anasazi (son of Freya and Tyr)
- The Orca or Killer Whale (Orcinus orca), less commonly, Blackfish or Seawolf, is the largest species of the oceanic dolphin family (Delphinidae). It is found in all the world's oceans, from the frigid Arctic and Antarctic regions to warm, tropical seas. Orcas are highly social; some populations are composed of matrilineal family groups which are the most stable of any animal species. (Wikipedia)