It Makes A Lovely Light
Revision as of 19:20, 24 August 2007 by Elyc
and wash from my heart
the saddest of all words:
Ulatempa Poetess, "Song of my Exile"
|Episode 021 (1x21)|
- It's Dylan's 40th birthday.
- Dylan commands the Andromeda for three years now (except the time in the Black Hole). Normally he would hand over the ship to his first officer (Gaheris Rhade).
- The "Birthday-suprise"-scene was shot for Double Helix (1x05) but was cut due to time constraints. However, the scene was so funny that it was decided to move it to another episode. :-)
- The events of two epiodes are revived in this episode: in The Pearls That Were His Eye (1x11) Beka had her first contact with Flash and in Fear and Loathing in the Milky Way (1x17) Harper and Trance found Hasturi's diary.
- The Quotation is from Ulatempa, who prived the quotes for four episodes.
- It makes a lovely light comes from Edna St. Vincent Millay's poem "First Fig" (from A Few Figs from Thistles):
I burn my candle at both ends,
It will not last the night
But oh my foes and oh my friends,
It makes a lovely light.
- The route to Tarn-Vedra would take the ship close to a charged plasma nebula that Beka refers to as "The Black Goat with a Thousand Young". This is one of the titles given to Shub-Niggurath, one of the Outer Gods in H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos. (TV.com)
- Lisa Ryder received a 2001 Gemini Award nomination for this episode.
- The substance used for "Flash" is Milk.
- Air time: 07.05.2001
- Season One Production Crew
- Writer: Ethlie Ann Vare
- Director: Michael Robinson
- Cut: Gordon Rempel