To Loose The Fateful Lightning
are doomed to repeat it;those
who fail to learn history correctly
--why, they are simply doomed."
"The Illusion of History Facts", C.Y. 4971
|Episode 003 (1x03)|
Close to the Dyhedra System, the crew of the Andromeda tries to resupply at an old High Guard station GS92196. At the station they just meet some kids, noone else. Because of a radioative leak, noone of the children is able to get to an adult age, they just stay on this station, fight against Magog and wait for their messias, who is in their opinion, Dylan Hunt. But he doesn't even guess, what the holy mission is...
- In this episode, the nanobots of Bekas hair is mentioned the first time. In The Pearls That Were His Eyes (1x11) we see her colouring her hair pink.
- The title of the episode comes from the first verse of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic":
Mine eyes have seen the glory
Of the coming of the Lord;
He is trampling out the vintage
Where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning
Of His terrible swift sword;
His truth is marching on. (Source)
- This is the second episode which was shoot (the first one was D Minus Zero - 1x04).
- The episodes remebers to the episode 1x08 of Star Trek Classics. The crew of the Enterprise comes to a planet, where only children survived, because the adults have died in an anthropogenic plague.
- The children from this episode are never mentioned again.
- Refered to Ethlie Ann Vare the number of the station (GS92196) is hint to the date of marriage from the writer Matt Kiene (9-21-96) (Source: TV.com)
- Although listed as "To Loose The Faithful Lightning" this episode has also been titled "To Loose the Fateful Lightning" on the official website and on some DVD releases.
- Chris Lovick as Hayek
- Amber Rothwell as Nassan
- Richard Le Klerk as Mapes
- Air time: 16.10.2000
- Season One Production Crew
- Writer: Matt Kiene & Joe Reinkemeyer
- Director: Brenton Spencer
- Cut: Gordon Rempel