Music of a Distant Drum
- N. Disparaging term for genetically unmodified
See also "Über"
A Concise Dictionary of Slang
|Episode 013 (1x13)|
Tyr Anasazi crashes on the planet Midden and loses his memory.
- First episode in which the bones of Drago Museveni play an important role.
- In Forced Perspective Tyr states that he would never get involved with human woman. Nevertheless he flirts with Yvaine in this episode and has an affair with Beka in The World Turns All Around Her.
- Music of a Distant Drum comes out a four lined stanza ("Rubaiyat") by Omar Khayyam (1048-1131). In 1859 it was translated by Edward J. Fitzgerald in English:
"How sweet is mortal Sovranty!"--think some:
Others--"How blest the Paradise to come!"
Ah, take the Cash in hand and waive the Rest;
Oh, the brave Music of a distant Drum!
- Slang is the use of highly informal words and expressions that are not considered standard in the speaker's dialect or language. Slang is often highly regional, specific to a particular territory. (Wikipedia)
- Euphemism is the substitution of an agreeable or inoffensive expression for one that may offend or suggest something unpleasant to the listener; or in the case of doublespeak, to make it less troublesome for the speaker. (Wikipedia)
- Yvaine calls Tyr Nemo: Nemo is a Latin word meaning "no man" or "no one". Odysseus calls himself "Nemo".
- Jericho (Tyr's false name in the database): Jericho (derived from the word meaning "moon," in Hebrew, as the city was an early center of worship for lunar deities) is a town in the West Bank, located within the Jericho Governorate, near the Jordan River. Believed to be the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world, archaeologists have unearthed the remains of over 20 successive settlements there, dating back to 9000 BC. (Wikipedia)
- Klondike Trail (the false name of the Eureka Maru): The Klondike River is a tributary of the Yukon River in Canada and gave its name to the Klondike Gold Rush. The Klondike river has its source in the Ogilvie Mountains and flows into the Yukon River at Dawson City. (Wikipedia)
- The scene where Tyr regains his memory was voted #10 in the Top Ten Scenes at the official site.
- Linnea Sharples as Yvaine
- Noel Fisher as Breyon
- Alex Zahara as Hanno
- Nels Lennarson as Arjun Maya
- Shawn Reis as Nietzschean soldier
- Air Date: 05.02.2001
- Season One production crew
- Writer: Robert Hewitt Wolfe
- Director: Allan Kroeker
- Cut: Eric Hill