|Commander||Captain Beka Valentine|
The Eureka Maru (or Maru, for short) is a small spaceship (approx. 42m long) known for its impressive engines. It was conceived and built by Ignatius Valentine and his friend Sid as a fast long-distance freighter and salvage vessel and equipped accordingly.
Valentine and his partner used the Maru for smuggling and illegal salvage operations. Although it looks old and obsolete it is fast, agile and stable. The ship is also armed with AP cannons and can match a Nietzschean fighter.
After the death of Ignatius Valentine, the ship was given to his daughter Beka, thus continuing the "family business" (n.C. 10077).
The Maru was contracted by the Nightsider Gerentex to salvage the Commonwealth warship Andromeda Ascendant. However, after unknowingly rescuing Captain Hunt, the crew of the Eureka Maru opted to join him instead, with the Maru acting as a shuttle attached to the Andromeda.
The crew of the Eureka Maru:
Former crew members:
- Bobby Jensen (Beka's Ex-partner)
- Vexpag (Predecessor of Trance)
- The "voice" of the Eureka Maru was Robert Hewitt Wolfe
- The Greek word "Eureka" means "I have found it".
- The word "Maru" is often used in the names of Japanese ships as a good luck charm.