Angel Dark, Demon Bright
and under the ashes of infinity,
hope, scarred and bleeding,
breathed its last."
"Elegy for the Commonwealth"
|Episode 006 (1x06)|
Trance Gemini navigates the Andromeda Ascendant not only through Slipstream but also through time: 300 years in the past. The last battle between the Commonwealth and the Nietzscheans is imminent. But should the Andromeda intervene or not?
- One more hint to Trance special abilities after her "resurrection" in An Affirming Flame (1x02)
- Ulatempa's quotes are used in four episodes.
- Elegy was originally used for a type of poetic metre (Elegiac metre), but is also used for a poem of mourning, from the Greek elegos, a reflection on the death of someone or on a sorrow generally - which is a form of lyric poetry. In addition, an elegy (sometimes spelled elegíe) may be a type of musical work, usually in a sad and somber attitude. (Wikipedia)
- Harper: "[...] One hundred High Guard ships – the, uh, broken remains of your team – commanded by Captain Teddy Roosevelt on the flagship Thermopylae."
- Theodore Roosevelt, Jr. (October 27, 1858 – January 6, 1919), also known as T.R., and to the public (but never to friends and intimates) as Teddy, was the twenty-sixth President of the United States, and a leader of the Republican Party and of the Progressive Movement. He became the youngest President in United States history at the age of 42. He served in many roles including Governor of New York, historian, naturalist, explorer, author, and soldier. Roosevelt is most famous for his personality: his energy, his vast range of interests and achievements, his model of masculinity, and his "cowboy" persona. (Wikipedia)
- In the Battle of Thermopylae of 480 BC, an alliance of Greek city-states fought the invading Persian Empire at the pass of Thermopylae in central Greece. Vastly outnumbered, the Greeks held back the Persians for three days in one of history's most famous last stands. (Wikipedia)
- Dylan: "„Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.“
Robert Openheimer stated:
"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that one way or another." (Source: Soundfile)
- The flash in the scene between Tyr and Trance was accidental and irrelevant for the episode. [Source: Eldorado Drift)
- Dylan and Tyr's heart-to-heart was voted #6 in the Top Ten Scenes at the official site. (Source: TV.com)
- Jo Bates as Captain Borotep 'Oroto' Yeshgar
- Air time: 06.11.2000
- Season One Production Crew
- Writer: Robert Hewitt Wolfe]]
- Director: Allan Eastman
- Cut: Gordon Rempel